Mouse Guard

http://www.archaiasp.com/mouse_guard_rpg.php

Over at the Story Games forum, folks are saying this is better than Dogs in the Vineyard.

The system is a streamlined version of Burning Wheel that doesn't eat your life in order to run a campaign.

Comments

• Id be interested as well. Mouse Guard is from the same author as Burning Wheel, right? How similar are the two systems?
  • optinly09;1097 wrote: Id be interested as well. Mouse Guard is from the same author as Burning Wheel, right? How similar are the two systems?

Yes, it's the same author. Mouse Guard is simpler and more strongly themed. That's from a read of both, though, not from actual experience. It seems to me like Mouse Guard might be a gentle introduction to Burning Wheelisms. Maybe someone with experience with the two will chime in...
  • So, Brennen, I can pencil you in for running Mouse Guard, right after our PTA game then?
  • Holy frijole! Snikle! Long time no see man...

Err ummm...ya, maybe I'll look into what this thread is about next... I just saw the name of an old buddy and got all excited and whatnot.

I've got no clue what Burning Wheel or MouseGuard is... :(
  • Hey Duvik, long time no see! MG is supposed to be an awesome game, but alas, I have had no one run a game.
  • You know I'll run a game!