Inspirational Deviants

imageAwhile back, I was searching for someone to create a mascot for EpicTable. I wanted a mascot--an iconic figure, not just a logo. Some creature that would be to EpicTable ... [View original post]

Comments

• Very interesting. Do you find music to be helpful when coming up with people or locations, or are you more of a visual person?
  • For me, it depends. With D&D I haven't really been inspired by music. On the other hand, I was in a D20 Modern campaign and listening to a lot of Iced Earth and Queensryche at the time, and I ended up creating this character who was in a band called "Digital Chimera". He used his world tours as a cover for traveling around doing spy-type stuff. (And, no, I didn't just totally rip off The Vampire Lestat. )
  • A lot of my stories and characters (both NPC and PC) were created when listening to music. Believe it or not, some of my favorites materialized when listening to some of Iron Maidens epic songs. It is amazing how the wheels of the mind spin when listening to music. During game, I use a tool called RPGSoundmixer where I can assign music to keys on the keyboard. I can assign one sound file or multiples that can even play randomly or have effects on them. I will not DM without it now. Is it perfect? No. But it is one of the best out there I think. Music definitely enhances game play.
  • Now that you mention it, I have an encounter named for Iron Maiden's "Children of the Damned". I'd forgotten about that. I'll have to take a look at RPGSoundmixer--sounds pretty interesting.