EpicTable Development

So, what programming language(s) is EpicTable being developed in?

Also, if you've been reading the battlegrounds forums then you'll probably know my next question.

Will there be any support for plugins, extensions, reskinning, or other forms of modularity? If so, what would be needed to create them?

Modularity is very important to any good application these days. Communities are willing and able to generate tons of free content that a single developer could not hope to match. Also, there are simply too many widely varied gaming systems to support with a single non-modular application.

Comments

• Omnidon;90 wrote: So, what programming language(s) is EpicTable being developed in?
    C#. It's entirely a .NET 2.0 Windows app. I'm told .NET 2.0 runs rather better on Mono on the Mac than I'd expected, but I haven't evaluated that yet, and I'm certainly not going to claim support for anything other than Windows right now.

Omnidon;90 wrote: Will there be any support for plugins, extensions, reskinning, or other forms of modularity? If so, what would be needed to create them?
    Yes. At the very least, character sheets and rulesets will be pluggable. And pretty much any of the galleries you see in the screenshots--light sources, textures, etc., are user-extendable. My intent is to provide a base set and let people package up resource bundles either for general-purpose use or associated with a specific setting, game, or campaign. This is the stuff currently in development, so I can't really answer what will be needed to create them. I have some claims I'd love to make about what you won't have to do to create character sheets, for instance, but I'm not ready to tie my hands just yet.

Omnidon;90 wrote: Modularity is very important to any good application these days. Communities are willing and able to generate tons of free content that a single developer could not hope to match. Also, there are simply too many widely varied gaming systems to support with a single non-modular application.
    Absolutely. I've had enthusiastic responses from people who are dying to create their own content, and I'm absolutely committed to letting them do that. I'm just working out how best (and when) to enable both the guy who just wants to create something for his group and the folks like DevinNight,who create their digital resources for sale.