Character Move action tracking

First off, I would like to say that I visited your booth at Gencon with a few friends this year and I am impressed. As a program that is still in the Alpha phase, Epic Table looks and feels much more polished that most of the other post release virtual tabletops that we had a chance to see at Gencon. It is nice to see that you work so closely with the community, listening to suggestions, and keeping everyone up to date on recent changes. At Gencon I remember you talking about the fog feature, and going into great depth on the amazing dice roller, but unfortunately I am unable to remember anything about how character movement is handled.

When a character moves across the table from point A to point B does ET track the squares that they traveled through to get there? The reason I ask is because a character with a move of 5 can take different paths to reach the same destination. As an example, if a character is traveling through a minefield one route that the character takes leaves him unscathed, but if the character takes another path he could trip the trap and it's end of story. On a physical table people are forced to walk their miniatures from point A to point B and If they encounter an obstacle the DM will make them roll a check or inform them that they are unable to move through a certain square. I am just curious as to how this is handled by the software in the virtual environment.

Thanks!

Comments

• Stalkenu;1345 wrote: First off, I would like to say that I visited your booth at Gencon with a few friends this year and I am impressed. As a program that is still in the Alpha phase, Epic Table looks and feels much more polished that most of the other post release virtual tabletops that we had a chance to see at Gencon. It is nice to see that you work so closely with the community, listening to suggestions, and keeping everyone up to date on recent changes.

Thanks. I've put a lot of time and energy into the EpicTable user experience, and it's nice to feel like it's been worth it.

Stalkenu;1345 wrote: At Gencon I remember you talking about the fog feature, and going into great depth on the amazing dice roller, but unfortunately I am unable to remember anything about how character movement is handled.

When a character moves across the table from point A to point B does ET track the squares that they traveled through to get there? The reason I ask is because a character with a move of 5 can take different paths to reach the same destination. As an example, if a character is traveling through a minefield one route that the character takes leaves him unscathed, but if the character takes another path he could trip the trap and it's end of story. On a physical table people are forced to walk their miniatures from point A to point B and If they encounter an obstacle the DM will make them roll a check or inform them that they are unable to move through a certain square. I am just curious as to how this is handled by the software in the virtual environment.

Right now, there's no tracing the path of a character. I totally see what you're after, and it's on my list of features to add. I won't hold up the 1.0 release for it, but I'll keep it in mind, and if I'm in that part of the code for something else, I'll try to get this done at the same time.