Dang Stupid Idiotic Free to Play Games - Bah! - want to play em with me?

I'm such a sucker for free games. As a matter of fact, I think that I am 'the' demographic that they make those games for... I think I spent like 200 bucks on that sill 'fallen sword' game last year.

I have done 'pretty good' at staying away from them, or at least keeping it limited to 'A list' games like DDO and Lord of the Rings Online...

That said, a friend of mine got me to look at the web page for Die2Night - a Zombie Survival game where you work with 40 other players to survive for as long as you can, the avarage 'game' goes for 1 - 8 days at which time your village is over run by Zombies and every one starts over.

So far, it doesn't look like it's one of those 'the more you pay the better you are' games like Fallen Sword was, and that's the only reason that I signed up.

it has a 'premium' mode, but it still seems like playing for free is still super enjoyable, as far as I can see, that's how most people are playing the game.

So, that said, if anyone wants to try it out and survive Zombies between EpicTable Play sessions - here's the link.

have fun - darn stupid free to play game anyway!

http://www.die2nite.com?ref=zWolf

Comments

• Hey Z!

I'll give it a try!

EK
  • I've been having fun with it hehe, it doesn't take much time each day, and there's a bit of a chance to 'role play' in the forums with the other villagers that are trying to 'survive' heh, knowing that the 'end' is inevitable, and that your just trying for 'one.. more.... day...' is a unique concept that I'm enjoying more than some of the other 'build your village till it's a misery to log in each day' kind of games heh.
  • Ok - here's the new FLAVOR OF THE WEEK.

it's called 'Bloodlines Champions' - and it's made by 'stun lock' and published by FunCom, the folks that made, Anarchy Online.

It's an odd 'top down' PvP game - a bit hard to describe but their 'blurb' about it says:

"'Bloodline Champions' is a free-to-play online player vs. player arena game where players engage in short, intense battles of up to ten players divided into two teams. Each player must take control over one of several different bloodlines, each with their own unique weapons and abilities. Easy to learn, challenging to master - 'Bloodline Champions' is just as much fun for the casual player as it is for the hardcore gamer.

We at Stunlock Studios, the developer of 'Bloodline Champions', made it our number one goal to make the ultimate PvP arena game. That meant doing away with chance, random elements, target locking and critical hits. Here player skill and team play is the most important factor to win.

Different bloodlines in a set up complements each other, different maps and game modes need different tactics, and good teamwork is important. Spells travel towards where the player aim their mouse cursor, and can be avoided by enemy players, making every ability dependent on individual player skill. There is no mana and the cooldowns are short, ensuring that every match is full of intense, adrenaline-filled action."

If it tickles your fancy, add me as a friend and we will make a team and go do battle together:

my in game name is:

zWolf

(who would have guessed that eh? :-P )

the link is:

http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/home.php
  • Bloodlines looks a bit like a stripped down Defense of the Ancients game. The no-targeting dynamic looks quite interesting. I just might have to give it a shot.

For anyone looking for a free DoA (Defense of the Ancients) game. Check out League of Legends. Though I'm not on much, feel free to add me; TOGuy on the North American servers and Guynamic on the European servers.
  • I found another little time-sink: Desktop Dungeons. It's a roguelike (our rouge, if you refer :p) single player game that takes only a few minutes to play. It's quite fun and addictive. You have been warned. ;)