Fear Itself - The Sacrifice

Did anyone happen to see the recent episode ("The Sacrifice") of NBC's new horror anthology, "Fear Itself"? I just got around to watching it, and I was surprisingly impressed. There was kind of Colonial Gothic horror feel to it, ... [View original post]

Comments

• I can't believe I hadn't heard of this. I don't watch much television, but as you know, this scratches the itch in a major way. I'm going to watch it today!
  • I'll be interested in what you think. It's not necessarily the pinnacle of art, but I thought they got the atmosphere right. I could definitely see it as a game.
  • I was excited to see a TV show of this kind. But I was disappointed in the lack of substance or purpose.

I agree with you that the genre seemed well covered, but the story just struck me as derivative and unoriginal. Also, why did those guys have an enormous bag o' guns? That was hilarious and when he pulls the dual Uzi's I thought "Alright! Here we go." But then of course, he can't hit the thing with those guns, only the guns that shoot slowly. Whatever.

I am still hopeful it will get better, but frankly, the ideas people share in this community are far more orginal and interesting.
  • I thought it was obvious that the guys had the bags of guns because they had just done a very bad thing. That's why their friend had been shot.

Also, Vampires aren't all the same. You can kill the baby vampires with guns, but not the papa vampire. If it were that easy, the villagers would've killed it long ago.
  • Brennen Reece;174 wrote: Also, Vampires aren't all the same. You can kill the baby vampires with guns, but not the papa vampire. If it were that easy, the villagers would've killed it long ago.

True--one of the girls talked about how others had tried to kill it and failed.

The only real problem I had was that they apparently left sacrifices for the thing in that old well, but never thought to use it as a firetrap. But I can easily overlook stuff like that for the look and feel of the whole thing: an old fort, winter, axes, old-fashioned clothes, having to behead one's own father, trussing up visitors like deer carcasses. Maybe it's derivative, but I still like it.
  • Arrgghh... I meant to DVR this series, but forgot. Perhaps I'll Netflix it as soon as it's available in several months. Just in time for some dead-of-winter gaming inspiration...