Beta-10 the Infinate Install

I know I seen this somewhere, but I wanted to bring it up as to get a definative answer.

When I installed Beta-10, I also had to install .NET Framework. Ever since, EpicTable always asks to install upon booting up, every time. Will this be fixed with Beta-11? Is there a way to fix it, if not?

Thank you.

Comments

• ApocalypseZero;2359 wrote: I know I seen this somewhere, but I wanted to bring it up as to get a definative answer.

When I installed Beta-10, I also had to install .NET Framework. Ever since, EpicTable always asks to install upon booting up, every time. Will this be fixed with Beta-11? Is there a way to fix it, if not?

Thank you.

This was an issue I had, and after some discussion with the people at EpicTable (EpicSupport) we figured that the easy fix for you would be to move the original installer from it's current location (or delete it entirely, since it's no longer needed).

The problem arose with a line written to the windows registry that wants to run the installer upon boot - it looks at the location and runs the program. No harm in the line being there, and I'm sure there will be a fix, but this is the temporary fix for the moment.

Hope this helps!
  • @RobHata - Thanks for chiming in!

@ApocalypseZero and others - Sorry about the Infinite Install. I was able to reproduce this recently, so it should be fairly easy to fix. It kind of has me scratching my head, because it didn't do that originally, and it's been a long time since I've updated the installer. It only happens if you install .NET 4 as part of the EpicTable install, and like RobHata said, if you just move/delete the installer, that will prevent the install from running on each reboot.

After some more thought.... I guess I missed this, not because it somehow changed recently, but because I always test my installs on a clean virtual machine. After it works--i.e., .NET installs and EpicTable installs and runs as expected, I never use that virtual machine again. I'll track it down and fix it.
  • I fixed this in beta 11, by the way. It's buried in the release notes somewhere, but I thought I'd mention it here. Not only does beta-11 not do this, but it cleans up after earlier versions that did.