What is TrueVision?

I noticed on the EpicTable homepage there was banner talking about 'Truevision'. This is exactly what I was hoping for! Is it not yet available in V11?

Comments

• Sorry, vision isn't in beta-11. If you saw it at Gen Con, you have a fair idea of what it looks like. There's a substantial amount of work left to integrate the map markup tools, and I want to make sure everything else is release-ready before adding that feature.
  • This is the feature my team is chomping at the bit for... so .... are we there yet?!? :)
  • TrueVision is queued up behind getting the rest of EpicTable ready for its initial release. It's going to open a whole new set of questions and issues and enhancements, and it really deserves a beta of its own.

Does this mean TrueVision won't be in 1.0? Probably. However, it's not my intent to get you to pay extra or upgrade or anything like that for TrueVision--it's been part of the product concept from the start. I just want to finish the feature set I have before I roll into beta with something as large as TrueVision. My current thinking is that TrueVision would be in a 1.x release and be available in beta or preview form for some time before its release, so that you guys have time to offer feedback.

As EpicTable 1.0 approaches, you'll see the site change to make the status of TrueVision and the rest of the feature set more clearly defined.
  • Coming into this conversation very late, so forgive my ignorance. If I understand correctly, TrueVision will be the ET implementation of a Fog of War layer for mapping, correct? I'm a HUGE fan of 'helping' the players remain focused on the task at hand by keeping unexplored regions of the map hidden from prying (PC) eyes.
  • Yes, TrueVision is the feature (in development) that lets you restrict each player's view to what their character would see. It didn't make the 1.0 cut, for a variety of reasons. You can read the details in my post on EpicTable 1.0.
  • Is this available?
  • Not yet, but stay tuned.
  • John Lammers;2909 wrote: Not yet, but stay tuned.

Very happy to hear this John. I was beginning to get worried that ET was losing development support. I really want to see this VTT take off!
  • romelwell;2917 wrote: Very happy to hear this John. I was beginning to get worried that ET was losing development support. I really want to see this VTT take off!

Not to worry. I'm still going strong on EpicTable. It's a nights and weekends thing, not my day job, but I work on it something like 360 days out of the year. I've worked on EpicTable on three continents. EpicTable 1.1 took longer than expected. It's going to be a significant improvement, and easier to build vision on top of, but it delayed the start of the vision work.