Comment on: Beta 12 Coming Soon

Beta 12 is nearly ready. Check out the post for the details and join in the discussion here.

Comments

• Looking forward to Beta-12!

We have one person in our group who plays on a low bandwidth internet connection, and it has proven to be a problem for us. It sounds like you are addressing some memory issues, and I was wondering if this might help us get connected?

I've tried to use .jpeg compression on maps and NPC portraits to help solve our problem, but as yet have not had a chance to test this. I'm hoping that this beta will also provide some relief for us.

Thanks again for all the hard work!
  • I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues. I'd be happy to help you out. Beta 12 addresses memory issues, but also some reconnect issues, so it could help. I don't imagine bandwidth is as much of a problem as connection flakiness could be. There were fixes in betas 11 and 12 specifically to handle reconnect scenarios better. Part of the reason I say that is that the images are cached, so you should only have to download them once. I'd be happy to take a look at his diagnostic logs. Just open a ticket on the support site, http://support.epictable.com, describe them symptoms, and attach the results of running Collect Diagnostics.

I'm testing beta 12 now and hope to have it out this week. I have a hard stop for a week, starting Friday, due to a family vacation, so I'm really pushing to get beta 12 wrapped up.