Beta 12 Update / A Magical Delay

I've been working like mad to get beta-12 out. It has some significant reductions in memory use in the build that I've been testing, but there's still some work to do. The reason that's important is that some of the logs I've looked at lately for sync issues showed that the sync issues started when the user ran out of memory. I've already reduced the memory consumption due to maps considerably, but there's something else I'm tracking down.

Meanwhile, I find I can't just test what I've got and get that much out there, because I'm on a family vacation. My wife and I are with our 3 year old daughter at Disney World for the next few days. Actually, I'm writing this on my iPad (which makes this not really work), while my daughter naps. This marks the first time I've been away from EpicTable for more than a day or two in years. I left my laptop at home to avoid the temptation to look at "just one thing". I plan to come back refreshed and ready to dive back in to EpicTable.

Comments

• Then hug and cuddle your wife and daughter, enjoy some rides, and try not to think of ET for while!

And if RPGs still cloud your mind: If an extended rest is being interrupted, you don't gain any benefit from it. ;)

Huldvoll

Jan van Leyden
  • Enjoy the R&R while you can. Take Jan's advice and don't let your VT consume you. Getting a release out a couple of days earlier or later isn't going to really change anything in the end, but some moments in life you will never get back. Take it from someone who's "been there, done that".
  • Thanks for the advice, guys. I took it. My wife and daughter and I had a wonderful time. I'm back and working on beta-12. Just tonight, my three-year-old daughter and I were bouncing around ideas for tackling the large object heap fragmentation issue currently affecting image transfers. ;)
  • Out of the mouths of babes oft times come gems. :-P

I hope that you had fun on your trip.
  • John Lammers;2437 wrote: Thanks for the advice, guys. I took it. My wife and daughter and I had a wonderful time. I'm back and working on beta-12. Just tonight, my three-year-old daughter and I were bouncing around ideas for tackling the large object heap fragmentation issue currently affecting image transfers. ;)

You mean: your daughter took all your printed documents on EpicTable and tore them to little pieces, with you trying to glue them together again? ;)

Hope you all had a wonderful time!

Huldvoll

Jan van Leyden
  • Any updates on V12?
  • I have a lead on the problem. If this latest theory works out, I'll need to revert some of the diagnostic work I've done and give the whole thing a thorough test. It's several nights' work. I'll keep you posted.