Running Sorcerer

edited December 2011 in EpicTable Discussion
Hello,

So, I'm running Sorcerer via EpicTable for a few friends up in the Portland area. I'm down in Los Angeles. So far it's meeting our needs well but there's a few items that would be very useful and I thought I'd just document them here.

A "sorting" evaluator for the dice roller would be great. I think I saw on another page that this was planned and was a little surprised to see it wasn't already in.

The ability to change the default evaluator for the dice tray would be great as well. Right now, when you click on a die in the dice tray and hit a number key it just rolls and sums. Which means if I want to do anything fancy I have to use the dice cup. However, since I'm always going to be rolling pools of d10s it would be nice to be able to just change the default evaluator from "sum" to "sort" so I can just press "7" or "5" or "3" when I want to roll dice.

It would be nice to be able to attach and detach items on the table. I had uploaded images of the character sheet hoping that we could just the text labels to fill them out, including the Lore,Cover,Price,Kicker diagram. However, since there's no easy way to group and attach items together it makes being able to move the sheet around difficult.

Finally, it would be nice to be able to move things between tabletops. So let's say I create a note card on a Private GM only table, I'd like to then be able to drag that card and "play" it out onto another shared tabletop without having to recreate it.

So other than those things everything is going great. I'll keep posting issues as they arise.

Thanks!

Jesse

Comments

• Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your message (and my apologies for its wait in the moderation queue--you're now on the unmoderated list). I'm really excited that you're using EpicTable for Sorcerer. I really like Sorcerer...at least, I really like the book and the idea--I haven't gotten around to playing. I'm really interested to know how your game goes. It's not especially unusual, in terms of the demands it places on a tabletop, but I've wanted to do something special for Sorcerer for a long time. If you don't mind, after the 1.0 release is out, I'd like to run some ideas by you.

Jesse;2469 wrote:

A "sorting" evaluator for the dice roller would be great. I think I saw on another page that this was planned and was a little surprised to see it wasn't already in.

True. It's planned. I've been spending my time on issues that are more game-disruptive than this, but dice are a real love of mine and I'll get back to this.

Jesse;2469 wrote:

The ability to change the default evaluator for the dice tray would be great as well. Right now, when you click on a die in the dice tray and hit a number key it just rolls and sums. Which means if I want to do anything fancy I have to use the dice cup. However, since I'm always going to be rolling pools of d10s it would be nice to be able to just change the default evaluator from "sum" to "sort" so I can just press "7" or "5" or "3" when I want to roll dice.

You're right. My plan is to make those dice more "ad-hoc friendly". Changing the default evaluator is a good idea. I was also thinking of a modifier that you could set in that area or something.

Jesse;2469 wrote:

It would be nice to be able to attach and detach items on the table. I had uploaded images of the character sheet hoping that we could just the text labels to fill them out, including the Lore,Cover,Price,Kicker diagram. However, since there's no easy way to group and attach items together it makes being able to move the sheet around difficult.

Agreed. You're not the only one who's requested this. By the way, there's a support forum (http://support.epictable.com) where you can see things people have requested, vote on them, and add your own feature requests. From there, I can promote a feature request to a support ticket and you can be notified as status changes on it.

Jesse;2469 wrote:

Finally, it would be nice to be able to move things between tabletops. So let's say I create a note card on a Private GM only table, I'd like to then be able to drag that card and "play" it out onto another shared tabletop without having to recreate it.

Absolutely. This is planned and high on my to-do list. There's an existing feature request for it over on the support site.

Jesse;2469 wrote:

So other than those things everything is going great. I'll keep posting issues as they arise.

Thanks! I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Hey also--if you've not been to the support site, you might not be aware of "the poison button". I'm testing a fix for it now, and that should be available in a couple days.