changing scenes.

Here is what I want to do:

I have three adventures who are sent to a jungle crash site.

Table #1 has a office interior with the PC's getting their assignments.

Now I have Table #2 all ready to go. its a background of a crash site.

I have this created as a private table. How can I switch it to a shared table and then let my players see it?

This looks great by the way.

Jeff

Comments

• the evil dm;2525 wrote: Here is what I want to do:

I have three adventures who are sent to a jungle crash site.

Table #1 has a office interior with the PC's getting their assignments.

Now I have Table #2 all ready to go. its a background of a crash site.

I have this created as a private table. How can I switch it to a shared table and then let my players see it?

This looks great by the way.

Jeff

You should be able to just close the private table tab, then in the gallery area, you should still see that table or map, and you should be able to open it by right clicking on it, and choose to open it as either shared or private.

Your not alone, I also looked for a way to just Change the tab from Private to shared. But closing the private and opening a new shared Table or Map workes just fine.

Epic Table saves all of the changes that you may have made to the map in the gallery map - including 'Drawing' stuff, closing the tabs doesn't seem to effect what changes you make, the changes all stored in the 'Gallery' item as you make them. It's pretty cool actually.

I hope that helps. One thing I noticed while testing this out, was that you can't open a Private AND a Shared version of the same map, nor could you open two of the same map from the gallery (like 2 shared maps.)

Two get two of the same map, you'd have to open up another map, and set the back ground to the map you wanted a copy of I believe.
  • Thank you Wade,

This will allow me to prep the next scene and then move my players to it with a minimum of fuss. my main concern was for objects like vehicles and furnishings that I place on the backgrounds before hand.

zWolf;2529 wrote: You should be able to just close the private table tab, then in the gallery area, you should still see that table or map, and you should be able to open it by right clicking on it, and choose to open it as either shared or private.

Your not alone, I also looked for a way to just Change the tab from Private to shared. But closing the private and opening a new shared Table or Map workes just fine.

Epic Table saves all of the changes that you may have made to the map in the gallery map - including 'Drawing' stuff, closing the tabs doesn't seem to effect what changes you make, the changes all stored in the 'Gallery' item as you make them. It's pretty cool actually.

I hope that helps. One thing I noticed while testing this out, was that you can't open a Private AND a Shared version of the same map, nor could you open two of the same map from the gallery (like 2 shared maps.)

Two get two of the same map, you'd have to open up another map, and set the back ground to the map you wanted a copy of I believe.
  • Yes, thanks Wade for jumping in. What Wade describes is the way to do it currently. In a future beta, you'll get what you expect--right-click on a tab and select "Share" or something like that.