Greetings

Hello Epic Table. I think I'll start this introduction by saying you guys are amazing, and you're life savers. OpenRPG had failed me and my DND group (again) and we had all looked forward to our weekly Wild West Campaign our DM runs every Friday night at 7pm US Central. After 2 hours of searching we found this wonderful, diamond in the rough. As beta testers we were very happy to have found this program and we actually had a good table top experience over Skype. Once we finished I immediately added the .exe to my steam games list so everyone on my friends list could see that I was playing "Epic Table Top" and I wanted to join these forums to sort of watch the development of this program. Thank you for making such an awesome free to use beta.

Now abit about me, I am Baron Mori. I like Vidjya Games and music. In roleplaying games I typically play versatile roles (Usually a good cross between support and Damage.) The game I am currently playing right now is a Wild West game that runs on pathfinders. My character is a gun-slinging shotgun wielder named Mordecai. Later on our DM is running a Fantasy Pathfinders where I'll be playing a voodoo shaman. I like playing all kind of characters both heroes and villains. We do a good mix of roleplay and combat.

So yeah, thats pretty much everything. Hello world whats up?

Comments

• Welcome! I'm glad EpicTable could help you out.
  • Thank you! I'm glad it did too, we sure needed it to do our wild west game.
  • Welcome to the community Baron, good people here.

I just want to say as someone that has been watching this software from afar for awhile now, it has come a long way. The current version is very playable, there are some issues, but they do not stop anyone from enjoying the game they are playing. Things on the horizon for this package is going to make it the best there is. John is very dedicated and wants your input, so by all means, give him the input, after all, that is what testers do.

The greatest thing about this platform is that it is so open, there are so many different things you can do to accomplish the goal.

Hope to see ya around!
  • Galeric;2638 wrote: Welcome to the community Baron, good people here.

I just want to say as someone that has been watching this software from afar for awhile now, it has come a long way. The current version is very playable, there are some issues, but they do not stop anyone from enjoying the game they are playing. Things on the horizon for this package is going to make it the best there is. John is very dedicated and wants your input, so by all means, give him the input, after all, that is what testers do.

The greatest thing about this platform is that it is so open, there are so many different things you can do to accomplish the goal.

Hope to see ya around!

I'll have to play it more to put in any real input (unfortunatly I have had only one game on EpicTable but from my first experince, I liked it so much I put it on steam for all to see). Only thing I could say and it's kinda dumb to say but it's a bit choppy at times and using the mouse to move pieces is a pain, but I get around that with arrowkeys so its not so bad. Still better than Open RPG, and to be honest... it looks better than all the other virtual tabletops i've seen out there. very happy to be part of the beta.
  • About the choppiness: That's a topic, not for beta-19, which is basically feature-locked already, but for 20. The choppiness I'm aware of is when you're zoomed--and it's pretty bad. The good news, if you want to call it that, is that it hasn't always been that way. I was in a game last week, and the experience when zoomed was definitely worse than in the past. While embarrassing, that at least means that I can look back and see what changed to make that happen.