Fantasy art kit - Tiles, terrains tokens kickstarter

Hello,

My name is Raymond Gaustadnes and I'm a freelance digital artist living in Norway. I'm currently running a kickstarter project, named "Game Master's Campaign - Fantasy art kit" and I'm seeking out any forums I can find that are about Virtual tabletop softwares, in order to show that my project is live and possibly finding Game Masters, module makers or game developers in general that might have use of my artwork with their games.

The kit will contain, in the end: terrain maps, tiles to construct structures ontop of the terrain, decals to give variation to the terrain and a massive bunch of items, objects, creatures, monsters and fantasy characters to place ontop of the finished campaign map(s). Everything will come in 3 sizes, the largest versions allows you to print out the artwork, for use with your physical rpg campaigns should you wish for that.

The intended use for this kit, or should I say kits as I plan to create smaller addons to the main kit, it for digital use. You either load everything inside your VTT of choice and put together the map there, or take the terrains and tiles into any software capable of handling PNG files (transparent backgrounds), create your maps there and then bring the maps and tokens into your VTT of choice.

I have started painting the kit but there's tons of work to be done still. I've posted updates and examples for the kit over the last weeks in another forum, with some really nice feedback.

I've worked with many game companies in the past, creating artwork for various physical and digital games, you can see some of them here (be warned, you'll find new and not so recent artwork in the gallery :) ) http://shockbolt.deviantart.com

And then there's the kickstarter project page here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vortexgames/game-masters-campaign-the-fantasy-art-kit

Don't feel obliged to back it, but there are some nice rewards for the higher pledge levels, such as acquiring a license to use my artwork for your commercial projects, those rewards are limited.

Last but not least, here are some larger sized previews of the tokens and tiles, keep in mind: all creatures, monsters, characters, objects and items will come without backgrounds, this allows you to place and rotate them any way you want ontop of your maps. Files for digital use will be of reasonable size(sizes, as they will vary in size as to what the tokens are, dragons will be larger than goblins etc). A fantasy player character might be 128x128 pixels in size, more than enough to show some nice details in the token when used, or 64x64 pixels.

more previews and updates to be posted later :)

Comments

• Welcome, Shockbolt!

This looks like a great set of art for virtual tabletop gamers.

For you EpicTable users out there: I gather, from this project's Kickstarter page, that the tokens and terrain pieces are PNG images. From an EpicTable perspective, you could use these as tokens for monsters or use add the to any map or tabletop in EpicTable as "image objects". (That feature is currently on the Tabletops tab, but it's relevant to maps as well. Those two tabs need to be consolidated/reorganized.)

Shockbolt, thanks for posting.
  • great art!
  • John Lammers;2797 wrote: Welcome, Shockbolt!

This looks like a great set of art for virtual tabletop gamers.

For you EpicTable users out there: I gather, from this project's Kickstarter page, that the tokens and terrain pieces are PNG images. From an EpicTable perspective, you could use these as tokens for monsters or use add the to any map or tabletop in EpicTable as "image objects". (That feature is currently on the Tabletops tab, but it's relevant to maps as well. Those two tabs need to be consolidated/reorganized.)

Shockbolt, thanks for posting.

You are correct, they will be provided as PNG images. The idea was to create a base art kit, the Fantasy art kit, and that would allow you to get a long way for creating fantasy campaigns. Then you would also be able to acquire the smaller addon kits, either for stand alone use or for use together with the base Fantasy art kit, expanding the arsenal of quality art to use with your fantasy campaigns.

You would be able to create the maps with a VTT or create them in a PNG capable software such as for example Photoshop or Gimp and then import the map into the VTT of your choice.
  • Allen;2802 wrote: great art!

Thanks Allen!
  • A couple of previews, made with some of the tiles, terrains, decals and tokens made so far for the base Fantasy art kit. The purpose of these two previews were to create wooden structures, using two wood tile sets to be found with the base Fantasy art kit:

• Free of charge, the Minimap kit will be provided with all base Fantasy art kits. The minimap kit allows you to create fantasy/medieval maps, and then hand them out to your players during a rpg campaign. Here are some of the compass symbols that will be coming with the Minimap kit, along with tiles and tokens to create the rest of the interior and exterior maps, such as creating dungeon levels, house levels or terrains.

http://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/compassCollection01.jpg
  • Tonights produce of tokens for the Fantasy art kit, this preview includes a few weapons painted earlier.

The "normal" tokens seen here, represents the quality and detail of the tokens that will come with the Fantasy art kit and it's addon kits. Expect the special items to look even better and have more details to them.

http://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/weaponry_previews01.jpg
  • The Kickstarter project ended a few minutes ago, 477% funded, reaching several stretch goals. I guess a lot of people are in for a serious amount of rpg artwork for their campaigns. I'm also really looking forward to seeing the rpg modules and game projects, using my artwork.
  • Congratulations on the successful kickstarter! Can't wait to see this stuff in EpicTable.
  • Sorry for the late reply, but thanks John! To anyone else reading this, me and John have been in contact by other means since my last post in this forum.

Well into the project, I have to find time and go around to the various sites I've been posted updates in, to show that I'm still alive and that the project is being worked on.

You will find information about the project here: http://www.rpgartkits.com/

And through it's facebook site here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Game-Masters-Campaign-Fantasy-art-kit/241738329292935

Many thanks to anyone who supported the fundraiser when it was running on kickstarter and keep and eye out for the finished art kits, those of you who didn't hear of it before it was too late :)
  • Good to see you out here again, Raymond.

You guys who have been following this thread know that I've backed the Kickstarter for this art kit at a level that will enable me to integrate it into EpicTable. In the weeks since the Kickstarter, I've been thinking about what that's going to look like in EpicTable. Those who own the EpicTable box set know there's a ton of content in that as well. I want to come up with a unified approach to managing all your gaming content. I'm not quite ready to talk about that yet, but when I am, you'll start seeing some mockups out here for your feedback.
  • It seems that first packages are near to be available. :)

An idea of when and how it will be added to EpicTable ?
  • I don't have a good answer for that yet. I've been looking at a couple ways of doing the integration. I'm trying to balance getting it in the hands of people soon after the release of the Fantasy Art Kit, while making it consistent with my longer-term plans for resource management.
  • Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I wasn't able to find any follow-up to this.

It's been a few years. Was the Fantasy Art Kit ever integrated into EpicTable?
  • I'm actually working on the new resource management stuff now. I don't like to put a date on this kind of thing, but it and its preconditions are next.