Suggestion for secret rolls with character sheet

edited November 2012 in EpicTable Discussion
OK, so I've got the box set and all, but I haven't had a chance to give ET a proper go yet!!

But, I was thinking about something this morning that gave me the idea that when character sheet functions are included in ET, it would be great if the GM could initiate a secret roll for a character.

For example, say the characters are walking along a trail and approaching an ambush and you want them to all make an awareness/perception check, but you don't want to ask them to do it because that will alert them to 'something', so I thought it would be really cool if as GM I could open a 'template' character sheet, and then say right-click on the 'awareness' attribute/skill and click an option like "Secret roll for all characters". Of course, you would want options to just pick one or a few characters as well.

Any thoughts John?

Cheers,

Rohan

Comments

• RedFin;2833 wrote:

...I was thinking about something this morning that gave me the idea that when character sheet functions are included in ET, it would be great if the GM could initiate a secret roll for a character.

For example, say the characters are walking along a trail and approaching an ambush and you want them to all make an awareness/perception check, but you don't want to ask them to do it because that will alert them to 'something', so I thought it would be really cool if as GM I could open a 'template' character sheet, and then say right-click on the 'awareness' attribute/skill and click an option like "Secret roll for all characters". Of course, you would want options to just pick one or a few characters as well.

I've been thinking about something like this. I have plans to tie calls for secret rolls into what I've been calling (in all my meetings with myself :rolleyes:) "the conflict board". I'm not quite ready to share details about that yet. Your template character sheet idea is an interesting one. I think it could mesh with what I was thinking to solve one of the problems that, frankly, I didn't realize I had to solve until just now.
  • ooooh! Conflict Board! just the NAME gives me goosebumps! Mikey LikeY!@