Delete FOW Areas?

edited March 2014 in EpicTable Discussion
Is there anyway to remove the FOW areas once they are created? Delete button doesn't seem to work.

Comments

• Yes, the Delete key should work. Make sure that the zone is selected, and then hit Delete. You have to be on the Fog layer to select zones. I'm willing to bet that's the issue. If you are on the Fog layer and you're still having the problem, or if you're not sure what I'm talking about, let me know, and I'll jump on a shared screen call of some sort with you.
  • Got delete to work. I installed in on a Win7 partition on a MAC laptop and the "delete" key is actually backspace. So I used the pop up keyboard and was able to delete them using the delete key.

Thanks for you quick response.

Love the new FOW feature. If I get the inability to launch sorted on my GM game table PC and player PC I think you'll have a new client.
  • Midhir;3057 wrote: Got delete to work. I installed in on a Win7 partition on a MAC laptop and the "delete" key is actually backspace. So I used the pop up keyboard and was able to delete them using the delete key.

Thanks for you quick response.

Love the new FOW feature. If I get the inability to launch sorted on my GM game table PC and player PC I think you'll have a new client.

About that last bit...now that I've matched up the name and the alias...you're one of a couple people who have reported a problem launching. I'm actively looking at that issue. Odd and interesting that it's working for you on the Mac but not your PCs. It's working find on all of machines...I wonder if it's related to the game data or the username. One of the other guys who reported a problem has a space in his username.

Strike that! I just repro'd it on my machine using something from one of the diagnostic reports. Hot on the trail! :o
  • Good to hear. I also sent the diag file from my GM station. If there is anything I can do just let me know. I have a little experience with computers and programming (my first home computer was a Coleco that loaded basic from tape, I've been using them that long!)

I'd love to use it for my Saturday night game this weekend. We have a table with a GM station (mine) and a PC station (with a large screen monitor and wireless keyboards/mice) for the the players and one remote player who Skypes in for voice/video.

I haven't found a product yet that works reliably enough or has good enough map features. We don't use the program to track combat, just display maps, track tokens, and send handouts and the occasional dice roll for the remote player.

d20Pro works but the FOW requires ALOT of setup and token sizing is an issue.

KloogeWerks being java based and not updated in years has resource issues.

Battlegrounds RPG edition has to many performance issues and handouts are buggy.

Fantasy Grounds is great for running a game completely from the program but falls short a bit on ease of map usage which is what we are mainly looking for.

iTabletop to buggy and token scaling issues.

The list goes on....

So up until now it's been between KloogeWerks or d20Pro because I didn't realize you had FOW working.

One thing that all three programs don't do (KloogeWerks, d20Pro & EpicTable) is support scaling tokens larger then the base size (without changing the base size). Battlegrounds does and it makes scaling tokens like a two-handed sword or pike wielder to match the sizing of normal tokens that fit constrained in standard base easier. It allows for the base to stay at the same medium size (so it snaps nicely to a 5' grid) but allows the token graphics to extend past that border (you can position the image on the base so the sword hangs off the left side edge).

This allows one to keep the tokens a uniform size (so simply put all their heads are the same size). Without this feature in order to keep the tokens in the 1x1 base the Tusker token as an example will look a lot smaller then the rest because in order to fit the sword in he has to be scaled smaller then say the Dalwin token which doesn't necessarily fill the entire base.

It gives the game board more of a table top where you would use actual tokens with bases but items like swords and axes could extend past that base. The base style also works well. being able to color code for say PCs or hostiles with a unobtrusive facing indicator.

I'll attach and image of what I mean.

Attached files image
  • That's interesting. You know, I think EpicTable almost works that way now. It has code that explicitly crops the image to the map square. I've observed in my own demos that not all tokens look good that way. I'll open up a feature request and look at this in an upcoming release.
  • If the "snap to grid" feature snapped to the center point of a square instead of the edges it would solve the problem. The icon could be scaled larger. Now if you scale it larger the token when moved snaps to say bottom and right and the top and left will hang out over the edge.