Health Bars and Status Icons

I use Maptool for my gaming needs currently. Its got the most customization Token Overlay system in any VTT. But, it runs like a slug. EpicTable is the closest 2nd as far as interface, usability, and speed goes. I would love to buy it, but wouldn't do so until I could slap custom condition images onto a token at the very least. A quick show/hide from players button would be nice as well.

Comments

• Character tokens are set to get some significant new capabilities in 2.0. I don't have a date for that yet, nor specifics, but I hope to be at least demoing something at Gen Con in August. Once I get 1.3 out, I can start leaking some 2.0 prototype shots.
  • Great, glad to hear it. I'll keep my eye on Epic Table, and I MIGHT be at GenCon this year depending on various Job related things, so maybe I'll see you there.

Cheers.
  • Sadonis;3094 wrote: Great, glad to hear it. I'll keep my eye on Epic Table, and I MIGHT be at GenCon this year depending on various Job related things, so maybe I'll see you there.

Cheers.

Cool update I appreciate this new content in game.
  • Is there any update on this feature. The replay from last year seems to have expected to have the features implemented in the near future. I'm probably going to buy the software either way as it's fits our needs well but just two pieces of feedback:

The ability to display token status (beyond just the single status colored ring) is important to us.

Touch screen interface is important to us (we you a tabletop PC to play).

Thanks for the great product. Once I'm done with a play test I'll be buying it.
  • bullywug;3216 wrote: Is there any update on this feature. The replay from last year seems to have expected to have the features implemented in the near future. I'm probably going to buy the software either way as it's fits our needs well but just two pieces of feedback:

The ability to display token status (beyond just the single status colored ring) is important to us.

Touch screen interface is important to us (we you a tabletop PC to play).

Thanks for the great product. Once I'm done with a play test I'll be buying it.

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry, I don't have an update on this yet. Token enhancement is one of the things on the shortlist. I can't give you a date at this point though. Once I actually have a prototype, I'll post something to gather feedback before integrating it. At that point, I'll have a better idea of how long it'll take to complete the feature.

As for touch screen, I use one too. It works pretty well with the drawing tools and moving things around. The UI could be more touch-friendly--some of the controls are a little small for a finger. Do you have specific feedback on this?
  • So far the only problems I've noticed are zooming on the map (no pinch to zoom) and scrolling the map (no two fingered scroll). Thanks for the info.