Hail Well-Met

Because “hi” does not sound fantasy and medieval enough.

Long-time roleplayer and DM, new to EpicTable and other virtual tabletops. Once upon a yonder I left the world of tabletop RP (because the group in my area was not a healthy crowd to be around) and focused instead on online collaborative writing style roleplaying, occasionally still mining gaming systems or adventures for ideas.

One attempt at getting ideas for villains led me to Way of the Wicked, the Pathfinder adventure path, and it was SO much fun that I did not want to not play it. This got me interested in finding a Pathfinder game. I did some experimenting with Roll20 & MapTools, but they seemed overly complicated – like you needed fairly developed computer skills to use them. A fellow gamer introduced me to EpicTable, and it seems vastly more friendly to new players, much more approachable (macros without having to code them like in MapTool), so this has made a very good impression so far. :)

Back when I was a tabletopper, I used to DM a lot, and my policy is to design monster encounters not to win or lose but to present distinctive challenges for the party to adapt to (like cultists of night with the Blind-Fight feat and doing their level best to attack torches), although I am a huge believer in Combat As War – where the outcome of the fight is influenced heavily by sabotage or preparation before the attack begins – instead Combat As Sport which assumes fair and equal sides. I am also a huge fan of role-play rather than roll-play; I love the interaction between characters, to me it is the reason to seek out a tabletop game online rather than use turn-based video games.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you, and I have already posted a game invite that is awaiting moderation. If you're also looking for people to game with, drop me a message and I would love to hear from you.

Comments

• Welcome Rail!

I'm happy to help if you have any questions or issues, or if you just want to kick around ideas about how to do certain things.
  • Well met, indeed! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures. Perhaps I may be able to join in on a game as well...
  • Velgor;3231 wrote: Well met, indeed! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures. Perhaps I may be able to join in on a game as well...

Nice idea! I'll work on making a campaign chronicle or something similar.

And joining in sounds great. You've already seen my standing invite thread, so you know I'm looking for a range of different ideas. I am also open to joining in on a game if you have any you want to start as well.