Development Update: Character Mini-Sheets First Look

Check out the latest blog article for a first look at character mini-sheets!

Comments

• I like that. I always like to have a list of the player characters and what they have... I get occasional players who try to claim they have gear they don't. The min-shhet would work for me.
  • Ooh, those mini-sheets are very nice and elegant!
  • Couple of questions ...

1. Will these be 'attached' to the map 'pog' or the character sheet?

2. Will these be live updated ... ie: will I be able to keep track of multiple NPC hit points (orc1, orc2, orc3, etc) on the fly?

3. Will all the icons and what they do be configurable? Seems like you've done some amazing stuff with this idea!:)

BTW, after several years of owning a license, I've FINALLY gotten my gang together online and we've just started gaming online. LOVE EpicTable!

Oh, and not to rush or anything, just curious if there's a rough estimate on the timing of the next release? I know this is a weekend project, and I appreciate the work done for all of us. Just sorta wondering.
  • Velgor;3271 wrote: Ooh, those mini-sheets are very nice and elegant!

Thanks! I have to credit Brennen Reece, who helps me make things look like they weren't done by a colorblind software developer. (He can only do so much with the raw material he has to work with, though, so if you see something cool, thank him, and if it's a little so-so, blame me.
  • RobHata;3274 wrote: Couple of questions ...

1. Will these be 'attached' to the map 'pog' or the character sheet?

The plan is for them to be attached to the token/pog on the map, as well as the portrait in the portrait bar. In addition, something very like them will be the basis for the character's representation in the combat tracker. (Oh, wait--did I just say there's going to be a combat tracker?)

RobHata;3274 wrote:

2. Will these be live updated ... ie: will I be able to keep track of multiple NPC hit points (orc1, orc2, orc3, etc) on the fly?

You sure will. Shiny, huh?

RobHata;3274 wrote:

3. Will all the icons and what they do be configurable? Seems like you've done some amazing stuff with this idea!:)

They will be configurable--have to be, really, to fit the EpicTable philosophy of playing your game, your way.

RobHata;3274 wrote:

BTW, after several years of owning a license, I've FINALLY gotten my gang together online and we've just started gaming online. LOVE EpicTable!

So glad to hear that. Getting the gang back together is what EpicTable is all about.

RobHata;3274 wrote:

Oh, and not to rush or anything, just curious if there's a rough estimate on the timing of the next release? I know this is a weekend project, and I appreciate the work done for all of us. Just sorta wondering.
    I've proven over and over that I'm always wrong about that kind of thing. Here's what I can do, though. I can keep giving you updates--maybe some video next time--so you can see it moving from proof of concept to reality.
  • Yes, you did mention combat tracker.
  • Will these also be available off the Chat interface as well? Specifically, will it be accessible from the tabs we use to speak for various characters?
  • Interesting thought. Do you see that as more accessible than off the portrait bar or the game object tree?
  • I think it depends on how each of us has their interface set up; for instance, we might have the portrait bar hidden (maybe because we're not using a map for that session or just want more screen real estate?).

Same goes for the object tree; depending on how we're using it, if it's hidden, it's extra steps to open it and then find the characters.

Same goes for the chat interface; but if that's still where dice rolls show up, I think it would be less likely that we have it hidden.

Other nice-to-have features would be the the ability to assign hot-keys to particular characters or just a way to alt-tab (cycle) through them as pop-ups. (I'm a keyboard junkie, so keyboard shortcuts are always something I appreciate.)