heruca heruca

I'm running a Kickstarter campaign to add isometric mapping capability to my MapForge map-making software, and to produce lots of isometric content Add-Ons for use in the software.

But I'm having a lot of trouble getting the project funded, despite the fairly modest funding goal, and only 6 days remain in the campaign.

If isometric mapping sounds like something that would interest you, please check out the campaign.

PS: Question for John Lammers: Any plans for eventually including isometric grid support in Epic Table 2?

Quote 0 0
John Lammers John Lammers

I don’t know, honestly. Awhile back, I talked about isometric maps in EpicTable in general terms, but I wasn’t excited about grid support. 

http://www.epictable.com/blog/dev/isometric-maps-and-tokens/

The pain of hex grid support has faded somewhat, though, and the MapForge isometric maps look nice... I have a lot to get to before isometric grids, but I won’t say never.

Good luck with your Kickstarter! Grids or not, I think the occasional isometric map can add a lot of visual interest.

Quote 0 0
Velgor Velgor
The artwork looks great!  I've seen some campaigns achieve success by getting one of the many gaming influencers to review/recommend your project. It's getting close to the end, so that may not be feasible, but it's worth a try. Best of luck with the Kickstarter.
Quote 0 0
heruca heruca
Thanks for the link, John. I hadn't seen that post. I'd be happy to share with you some links I came across that explain how to implement iso grids, if you ever want. They were actually easier to implement than I had initially feared.

And thanks for the suggestion, Velgor. Yes, it's a bit late, but it could help with a re-launch, if one is needed. I DID try reaching out to various sites and promoters, and had some success. But I couldn't get the bigger sites like Geek & Sundry to give me the time of day (even though they promoted a very similar project years ago).
Quote 0 0
heruca heruca
The campaign took a huge turn in the last 72 hours, placing it squarely back in the realm of possibility for funding. It's at 81% now, with 4 days remaining, and only $1135 to go!

Thanks for being a backer, John! You helped turn this around.
Quote 1 0
heruca heruca
The MapForge Isometric Kickstarter campaign has funded!

Not only that, but two Stretch Goals have already been unlocked, and a third is tantalizingly close.

If the campaign reaches $7600 in funding (just $462 more), that will mean three free isometric content Add-Ons for everyone. It looks like maybe 15-20 more backers would do the trick. The campaign is now in its final 24 hours.
Quote 1 0
heruca heruca
All 3 Stretch Goals have been unlocked. The campaign ends in less than 3 hours, and pledging even $1 gets you FOUR free isometric mapping Add-Ons, which you can use even without a MapForge license.
Quote 0 0